Build Bright Habits Workshop by Sun Life with Dr. Christine Carter

I was so delighted to be invited to join the biggest life insurance, Sun Life brought their webinar "Ito Ang Araw Mo", Build Bright Habits to Reach Your Goals with Keynote Speaker, Dr. Christine Carter from USA on March 20, 2021 10AM-11:30AM via zoom mirrored to Facebook.

On the exclusive event, we along with media partners were featured on the platform. Selected participants were interviewed on screen to share their life stories with Sun Life and get to know about their professional background and interest in blogging. Coaching participants from the insurance are also part of hearing the events and insights from all attendees.

Dr. Carter asked us to list which is one of the focused, logical goals through emotional motivations. "As humans, we do what feels good and avoids what feels bad,", Dr. Carter said. She interviewed the 3 participants solely about their core positive emotions for them and how they should be addressed.

Donna, the first interviewee wants to be fit and healthy to work well. She involved herself in fun run activities and wellness promotion. The goal is to lessen carbs and natural supplements to a better figure.

Marc, the second, saving will make him secured despite the pandemic happenings. Spending time with family and friends to feel secure. The goal is to invest regularly.

Jose, the third, writing makes him happy as a habit along with his medical background. 

Common misconceptions about happiness are about not just financial and physical resilience, but making them feel reliable about themselves. She has pointed which areas of habits they should focus on.

ADVICE FROM DR. CARTER ðŸ’›


  • Pick The Right Goal
Start small for habits to stick and build ourselves progressively with a long-term goal.
  • How To Turn Goal To A Habit
Get into the habit as a daily behavior automatically. It makes a part of our everyday life that boosts our confidence.
  • How To Achieve Habits As An Autopilot
What we do repetitively results to our outcomes than saving a little tiny bit of passion.
  • Better Than Nothing Routine
Embrace goal from a tiny step into a behavior, even across the struggles in the beginnings. Carve the neural part of the brain once we start it that doesn't depend on will power.
  • Choose An Anchor
Identify what triggers your habit that encourages your behavior to do more with ambition, not a to-do item. Go back to positive emotions that motivates yourself.
  • Congratulate  Yourself
Visualize success into a big step. Celebrate your victory by reward yourself is important. 


EXPERIENCE


I loved this interactive workshop as even an attendee, we were invited to exchange our thoughts of habits as well. We also have surprise quizzes. First round was identifying if the question is a myth or a fact and I answered all right! A second round was 4 pics 1 word format, and I answered all right as well lol not to brag -___- . And OMG I won on the 2nd part of the round, excited to see my prizes and post about it soon :) They ended up the webinar with a video dance move with all attendees.

I'm impressed on how Sun Life continues to move forward not only with their Financial Advisors, but also clients and media partners. I, being both, enjoy the regular workshops that I have been involved in bringing bright professionals that inspire my mind set to do better than nothing.

Thanks to Sun Life for giving us the motivation to work harder and achieve goals into successes with our Life Coaches, ready to uplift our goals. If you haven't had a Financial Advisor, I would recommend my best friend Laine Mendoza to guide you. Follow here on Instagram @lainemendoza she'll help you manage your financial savings.😉


HABITS 

I loved how Dr. Carter pointed out the goal we should focus on and make it as an achievement. My old habit is procrastination. I hate to say it's my worst enemy. I kept on digging to some goals, then postpone as it makes me feel guilty. But that doesn't exist in my vocabulary anymore. 

As a full time marketing professional and freelance content creator, I manage to make time to do both a task and a passion. Never there was a day for me to skip doing things that I enjoy so I can keep my peace of mind to do better.

I start the day, of course, being thankful. Thankful for all the blessings that I have as I continue to share with others financially, emotionally and with physical support no matter the distance. Even I start small, these small acts make a big impact to the people I share my blessings with with ultimate happiness that can't be paid. It also cleanses my soul (sounds like meditation lol).

Speaking of meditation, before I start working or blogging, I always focus my mind on positive areas along with a 528 Hz frequency (yes, listen to this sound on YouTube) to partner with my yoga daily workout. This kind of habit boosts my motivation to work harder each day with quality and wise output. Just like Drake's song, Started From The Bottom, I can finally say that NOW I'M HERE! I have achieved two of my goals to be a blogger and an author as I continue the work of success. Who knows by starting small, I believe in the mantra that you can achieve anything as long as you believe in yourself. ðŸ’ª

I want to move forward in embracing my obstacles, facing the challenges with courage and motivating myself to be the best that I can.

May we pass on the challenge to you. Now, it's your time to shine with Sun Life! #SunLifeItoAngArawMo #SunLifePartnerInLife


SUBSCRIBE
Watch the full livestream workshop on Sun Life's Facebook page and follow them on Instagram @sunlifeph for more learnings to come! Visit their website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment