I Thought I Was A Real Mermaid Until Something Crazy Happened

Okay, so here's the deal. I really wanted to be a mermaid ever since I was little. Maybe because of popular film during my childhood called The Little Mermaid, but also because I have experienced it once in my life.

My cousin and I planned to pay for a swimming workshop through several PMs on different swimming organizations, but none of them responded. Until one day a FairyGod Mermaid, Amarie Tolentino sent me a message to collaborate! I guess this was a destined serendipity. 

We had our mermaid workshop called MerSwim 101 in Sangley Naval Base, Cavite. The pool was 8 feet long, and I was too STOKED that I drowned on the first period cause I thought I could reach air from the deep! I panicked and pulled Amarie in the waters like shookt, lol sorry.

Amarie and her co-FairyGod Mermaid Genie taught us how to be a mermaid in 3 ways:

1. How To Look
There is no exact face feature to follow, because as a mermaid you can dress up on your own aquatic figure. I brought my mermaid accessories to see which one fits my aqua blue mermaid tail, so here it is. I was really inlove with the corals and florals so I wore them on our dry photoshoot with co-blogger Trixia.





2. How To Swim
Before dipping the H2O, make sure you warmed yourselves up on a 5-min exercise so your muscles won't cramp underwater. We started with the basics of swimming. Genie gave me a flipper and tail suited for the intermediate, this was a challenge accepted. In this way, we managed to swim our bodies down to prepare the tail. Next thing was we when swam with flippers. It took trials before I nailed it!






Things you'll need:
  • Mask
  • Snorkle
  • Fins
  • Swimwear
  • Mermaid Tail

Activities:
Breathing techniques - you have to practice holding your breath for a minutes or less, and repeat a longer one on your second. It's a warm up on how to control your breathing.
TIP: Inhale twice the second you swim underwater to gather more deep experience.

Duck diving - this is somehow challenging for beginners. In order to duck dive, you should first learn how to float and glance your upper body first underwater on a linear way until your foot follows like a dolphin.

Mermaid Breast Stroke - it's like you're dancing in the ocean. While afloat, move your bodies and hands on the opposite way to seem like it.



There you go, after trials and errors of swimming like a struggling mermaid, I felt like I was a real one without a need of a lifeguard! 

3. How To Pose
Since I'm not a pro yet, I cannot pose underwater like as if I can reach the floor flawlessly! Amarie and Genie were slaying it like it was easy to see, until I tried making my own and still went floating in the end. Lol it was really hard achieving those lowkey but extra poses but it really takes sessions to do it right!

Watch my first VLOG to show you how it's LIT AF!

Want to make your mermaid dreams come true too? Mermaid Amarie is the one you're looking for! Have a MerSwim 101 workshop with her to splash tails and plunge deeper.
Name: The Pinay Mermaid
Contact Number:0906-1394897
Email: amarietolentino@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/thepinaymermaid
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/mermaidamarie
Instagram: www.instagram.com/mermaid.amarie

Do you have your summerific plans as well? Comment yours and I'll sea ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment